Monday 29 October 2012

Wheeze

Without a sigh, or mournful speech, you left
me drowning, pickled with sweetest drink,
fallen, wheezing evaporating breath.
I'm familiar with that terminal rest;
you don't need to hope, or to heal, or think.
Without a sigh, or mournful speech, you left.
I lodge on a friend's couch, totally wrecked,
survivor of this damned horrific stink
fallen, wheezing evaporating breath.
Those who ripped me from their brains in wrath
send me no hate-mail penned with anthrax ink;
without a sigh, or mournful speech, you left.
And those gone, dependent on lines of meth,
I sympathise with the way that you think;
fallen, wheezing evaporating breath.
But you who left me for the whims of death,
who knew that booze could be such a foul jinx?
Without a sigh, or mournful speech, you left,
fallen, wheezing evaporated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment