Saturday 3 March 2012

I Get Erased

I wrote this song blind drunk, while my now-ex-girlfriend was fucking a better guitarist.

 When you're strangled with guilt,
do you put it on your tongue and let it melt?
I know some folks like their pills at night,
but what I like to do is drink Jäger in pints!

I get erased, erased, but the memories stay,
like bones drying out when the flesh has decayed.
Destroyed, destroyed; my personality switch,
that's somebody else lying there in the ditch.

When you feel like you want to die,
do you ever consider getting really, really, fucking high?
Or does the thought fill you with tears?
Well, hold me please sweetie, I've been doing that for years.

 I get erased, erased, but the memories stay,
like bones drying out when the flesh has decayed.
Destroyed, destroyed; forever more I will burn.
Yet I yearn for your turning like the spin of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment